Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day



I might go up on the roof later and install a piece of ridge cap so the squirrels won't get in via a little place up under the upper roof where I didn't originally install ridge cap on the lower roof, because at that time long ago I didn't realize that squirrels were like the fookin' Red Chinese Army in Korea with nothing but time on their little "hands" and a highly sophisticated, multi-dimensional ability to perceive the world and analyse an assortment of different ways to get under my roof and make themselves nice warm, winter abodes.  And also--they don't mind running around on the ceiling, or maybe chewing a wire or something if they get bored of a winter's day.  So anyways, that's my labor plan today.  I might also saw down a tree.  Meanwhile, I'm listening to the Dove Hunters bringing in the holiday.  In central North Carolina it has actually gotten nicely cool, particularly early in the day. 

A couple of other remarks--from Charles Pierce, the point that if they are actually going to put Roger Clemens in jail for "lying to Congress," surely this has the upside that George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, and even Gen. Colin Powell will also serve some time in the slammer.  Maybe Roger can show them all how to toss a curve-ball.  Or at least a broken bat.

And finally, there's this:

http://imgur.com/Bvuv8 

Check it out.  It's a good explanation of the truth about buying gold coins.  You won't find this explanation on the Beck Circus.  I really can't imagine why.

No comments:

Post a Comment